Thursday, December 6, 2007

Games People Play


Getting together to hang out with friends and play board games is definitely one of my favorite ways to spend a Friday night. Some of us have been wasting time with crazy games lately. BALDERDASH is one of my favs. Getting inside those creative minds of people you love...no matter how imaginative, how ingenious, or how jaded....SO MUCH FUN!


In Balderdash, you have to make up a definition for a REAL word you have never heard of (except in VERY RARE cases). Then you win points if you convince your friends that it is accurate. Some of these definitions which have been penned around my kitchen table....wow! I know some really good liars! However, I have not decided which is better: being swindled by someone else....or scamming them yourself.

What's your favorite board game?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I love board games. Scattagories (sp?), Loaded Questions, Imaginiff, and Pirates of the Caribbean Life are among my favs. right now!

Jenn Ruggles said...

I love to play board games too. My favorite games are Cranium and Sequence. But I love to play all games period. I love to play cards. I just wish I had someone to play games with more often. Eli doesn't really like to play games or so he says, whenever i suggest it.

anna said...

haha i see mine on there:
:
"gussock-a fishing utensil used to attach bait"



after playing balderdash, it might be my new favorite

julie p said...

Anna - I'm pretty sure you said a carfax was an exotic animal as well.....lol

Roogles said...

I would love to get in on the Balderdash fun! How does one score an invite to balderdash night?

I like to play poker, sequence, euchre, monopoly, scrabble, catch phrase...

Anonymous said...

Scree is actually the rubble that collects at the bottom of a mountainside, also used in statistics to describe the tail of a skewed distribution graph. Boy, I bet I'd be loads of fun at that game.

Tersie said...

Pictionary would have to be my absolute favorite game. I bet you couldn't guess why!! I don't get to play it very often though. :-( Haven't played it in years. I need to find some people to play Pictionary with ... if I have to drag them in off of the street to do it!

Jenny Pekkala said...

balderdash is one of my favs too! but my most favorite is madgab... it is so funny to just watch other people play!