Sunday, December 30, 2007

Birthday Lunch


Chillicothe has a new Olive Garden...and honestly, it's one of my favorite places to go. Favorite place with some favorite people...can't beat that! My sweet young friend, Anna, and some crazy boys and I celebrated my birthday lunch there. It was great...tasty food, enjoyable company, engaging conversation--well, on second thought, the conversation was fairly typical.


Jordan: "Why would they leave this big bottle of wine here where people could steal it?"
Mason: "Now where could you hide a big bottle of wine like that?"
Jordan: "In Anna's big purse."

Anna: "I'll have Sprite with grenadine."
Trent: "What's grenadine?"
Anna: "It's like a cherry flavor. It's good. Tastes like a cherry coke."
Trent: "OK, give me some in my Coke, too."
(5 minutes later)
Trent: "Ugh....can I have another Coke...WITHOUT the grenadine."

Clark (the waiter): "Oh, you played football at Waverly? How did you do?"
Mason: "We were 9 and 1 regular season and 10 and 2 with the post season."
Clark: "My son played at Paint Valley this year. Do you play basketball?"
Mason: "ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."

Jordan: "OH MY GOSH. I think I just ate a chunk of garlic."
Anna: "Why?"
Jordan: "I thought it was a mushroom."




12.30.2007 Anna (19) and me (much older than 19)

Random thoughts on getting older: I don't really think about it, although there are physical scenarios that serve as constant reminders. Vision deteriorates and I need to wear glasses or contacts. Metabolism slows and I need to diet. I have back issues (L4 and L5) and I need to walk more. Otherwise, I don't notice it too much. 2008 is just around the corner...I think I have my list of resolutions.


After Olive Garden, a quick stop at the Hirsch's Fruit Farm store was in order. A great ending to a perfect Birthday Lunch. Looks like Trent enjoyed it most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend Julie Pekkala! It looks like you had a grand celebration. In fact, I think I see the top of a bottle of wine sticking out of Anna's purse in the last photo.